Innovation is an overused buzzword bandied about in a wide spectrum of industries, yet it remains undeniably essential to human progress. Businesses and technology driven by innovation have greatly improved the lives of people all over the world.
Our global population has gone from a modest 1 billion in the 1800s to a staggering 7.6 billion today. We have come into the Age of Man, characterised by the exponential growth of technologies and the subsequent progress, both good and bad. Just as new technologies pervade our daily lives, innovative businesses should continue to push boundaries for sustainable development and help tackle the insurmountable challenges humanity faces.
In 2016, more than 55,000 business books were published. The insatiable demand for business books provide huge opportunities for thought leaders, coaches, speakers and entrepreneurs. As a tool of legitimacy, a published book is the ultimate business card.
Other than business, self help is the one of the other most popular nonfiction categories. Those seeking of knowledge and inspiration have voracious appetites for the valuable lessons, deep insights, uplifting stories, motivating strategies for transformation. These books empower us to be better versions of ourselves.
In the broadest sense, innovation is not just about developing new products and services. We seek innovations in the way we live, interact and work. We can define success and happiness on our own terms, cultivate creativity and develop radical empathy, achieve peak performance and optimal flow states.
At Publishizer, we empower authors to give power to their words. For this contest, we are seeking submissions for ideas that can change people, businesses or the world for the better.
Empowered is seeking thought leaders at the intersection of business, technology, and innovation. Judged by Crown Business and Berrett-Koehler.
- Write a compelling 1000 word book proposal based on an unpublished book idea
- Submit and launch your proposal by 1 August 2018 within the appropriate contest category for approval
- The latest you can submit and launch your campaign is 15 August 2018 to be entered into the 30-day book proposal contest
- Campaigns with the highest number of pre-orders for each contest will win USD$500
- Panel of editors from traditional publishing houses will award another USD$500 for each contest
- Winners announced by 30 September 2018
Keywords We Love: platforms, peak performance, corporate, creativity, networking, relationships, radical empathy, emotional intelligence, happiness, effectiveness, coaches, speakers, startups, entrepreneurs, technology, leadership, habits, insight, change, movement, work flow, optima
Start a proposal
Official Contest Rules
- Open for submissions now until 1 August 2018 23:59 EST.
- All entries must be book proposals written in English and at least 1000 words long. They must be submitted, approved and launched by 15 August 2018 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Entries must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- Each contest has 2 cash prizes of US$D500 each and may be subject to local, state and federal taxes. The prizes are not transferable, and the winner is responsible for all tax payments, international chargers, transfer fees and/or monetary currency conversion charges related to all cash prizes. Publishizer will only be responsible for the original cash prize amounts, and not for any additional costs, monetary transfers, charges or fees imposed between a financial or governmental institutions and the winner.
- The cash prize of USD$500 will be awarded to the entries with the most number of pre-orders sold for each contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest.
- The other cash prize of USD$500 will be awarded by Publishizer’s participating judges. Editors from traditional publishing houses Crown Business and Berrett-Koehler will judge submissions to the Empowered Contest on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, length of proposal and Publishizer’s Book Proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Outline, Author Biography, Audience Analysis, Marketing Plan, Sample Chapters.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. An entry can win more than one prize. All decisions of judges are final.
- On 30 September 2018, the winners will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on when, where and how the prize can be collected. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick replacement winners.
- Publishizer takes only a 30% commission of all pre-order sales at the end of the crowd-publishing campaign. The commission on pre-order sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer takes no commission from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of they registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using the prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.