Coaches are beacons to help us navigate an increasingly complex world.
The global coaching industry parallels the rising trend of online social interaction, entrepreneurship, and the endless search for depth and meaning in life. Never before has there been such a mass injection of professionals poised to help this new generation.
Coaching, first and foremost–is an industry that is booming. In the last ten years the coaching industry has exploded. Membership of the International Coach Federation has more than tripled. A report by the market research firm IBISWorld at the end of 2014 said coaching is a $1 billion industry in the U.S. alone.
At a time when generations of people and new-age entrepreneurs in the workforce tie themselves to freedom and view going out on their own as a rite of passage to a fulfilling life, business, wellness, consciousness, spiritual, leadership, performance, fitness, and many other types of coaches are becoming more relevant, and necessary, than ever.
Millennials are the nation's largest living generation, ages 18-34 in 2015, now at 75.4 million. Which means the global population is poised to reshape the economy. Their unique experiences and ways of thinking and living will change the ways we do business for decades to come.
- 46% of the Millennial generation are interested in starting a business.
- 40% believe they are capable having a global impact for change in some way.
- 7.7 is the avg. number of companies started each versus three to four for previous generations.
Not everyone is an entrepreneur, and not everyone should be an entrepreneur. But more and more people are striving for a new lifestyle than ever before, and the new generations are being nurtured to accept, understand and create a life filled with leisure, freedom and endless possibilities. This is far from easy.
And it’s not just entrepreneurs who are hiring coaches. The corporate sector is also fueling the industry’s growth. It uses coaches to develop both executives and promising up-and-comers.
Coaching can be a viable profession because barriers to entry are low and anyone can be a mentor and provide value to another business or person. This contest is a moral, ethical and spiritual-driven compass for coaches to navigate today's world of endless endeavors.
At Publishizer, we provide a platform for authors to give power to their words. For this contest, we are seeking submissions for ideas that can change people, businesses, and the world for the better.
Keywords we love: well-being, peak performance, corporate, creativity, networking, sex, relationships, radical empathy, emotional intelligence, happiness, effectiveness, coaches, speakers, startups, entrepreneurs, technology, leadership, habits, insight, change, movement, work flow, optimal, consciousness, health, lifestyle, spirituality, science, meditation, evolution, alternative therapies, psychology, entheogens, psychedelics, plant medicine, business, innovation, fitness
Start a proposal
Official Contest Rules
- Open for submissions now until 1 October 2018 23:59 EST.
- All entries must be book proposals written in English and at least 1000 words long. They must be submitted, approved and launched by 15 October 2018 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Entries must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- This contest has 1 cash prize of US$D500 each and may be subject to local, state and federal taxes. The prizes are not transferable, and the winner is responsible for all tax payments, international chargers, transfer fees and/or monetary currency conversion charges related to all cash prizes. Publishizer will only be responsible for the original cash prize amounts, and not for any additional costs, monetary transfers, charges or fees imposed between a financial or governmental institutions and the winner.
- The cash prize of USD$500 will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, length of proposal and Publishizer’s Book Proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Outline, Author Biography, Audience Analysis, Marketing Plan, Sample Chapters.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. An entry can win more than one prize. All decisions of judges are final.
- On 30 November 2018, the winners will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on when, where and how the prize can be collected. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick replacement winners.
- Publishizer takes only a 30% commission of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer takes no commission from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of they registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using the prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.