Mindfulness has the potential to become a transformative social phenomenon. Motivational Speakers are cultural lubricants that help accelerate performance in life and business.
This contest is focused on, but not limited to, book topics on mindfulness and motivation. The amount of attention both of these topics get about changing peoples’ lives is very grounded. However, simply being motivated accomplishes nothing while seeming like it's accomplishing something. And mindfulness can be an intimidating topic to dive into, especially for those who still believe you have to think like a Buddhist monk to truly “get it”.
Understanding motivation is important in many areas of life, from parenting to the workplace. Motivation involves the biological, emotional, social, and cognitive forces that activate behavior. In everyday usage, the term motivation is frequently used to describe why a person does something. Research also shows that with a boost in employee engagement and morale, company profits follow, according to Big Speak.
Motivation comes in many forms and goes by many names – motivational speakers have overcome adversity, beat the odds, and invested insurmountable amounts of time and effort to reach for their dreams and achieve success – and can inspire your team to reach new heights. Motivation is the reason (the why) for people's actions, willingness and goals, which are acquired through influence of culture, society, lifestyle, etc. or generally innate.
Mindfulness says we can do better. More than quieting a busy mind, it's about becoming more aware of the present moment and less caught up in what happened in the past or what's to come. Though meditation is considered an essential means to achieving mindfulness, the ultimate goal is simply to give your attention fully to what you're doing. One can work mindfully, parent mindfully and learn mindfully. One can exercise and even eat mindfully.
Mindfulness has exploded in popularity over the last couple decades, aided by the growing number of Fortune 500 companies, celebrities, and authors lauding its everyday benefits. Google established a corporate initiative on mindfulness that has increased its workers’ productivity while lowering stress and anxiety levels. Joe Rogan frequently has guests on his podcast who swear by mindfulness having changed their lives. Then, there are people like Sam Harris, who as a leader in the mindfulness sector, continues to influence others on the benefits of mindfulness, even for non-spiritual practitioners.
At Publishizer, we provide a platform for authors to give power to their words. For this contest, we are seeking submissions for ideas that can change people, businesses, and the world for the better.
Keywords we love on book topics: well-being, peak performance, corporate, creativity, networking, sex, relationships, radical empathy, emotional intelligence, happiness, effectiveness, coaches, speakers, startups, entrepreneurs, technology, leadership, habits, insight, change, movement, work flow, optimal, consciousness, health, lifestyle, spirituality, science, meditation, evolution, alternative therapies, psychology, entheogens, psychedelics, plant medicine, business, innovation, fitness, futurists, autism, nutrition, food, clean living, veganism, polyamory, alternative lifestyle, permaculture, fasting, intermittent fasting, coparenting, transracialism, transgenderism
Start a proposal
Official Contest Rules
- All entries must be submitted, approved and launched on or by 15 January 2018 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- All entries must be book proposals written in English and at least 1000 words long.
- The full mansucript is NOT required to submit and launch a preorder campaign on Publishizer.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Entries must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- This contest has one cash prize of US$D500 each and may be subject to local, state and federal taxes. The prizes are not transferable, and the winner is responsible for all tax payments, international chargers, transfer fees and/or monetary currency conversion charges related to all cash prizes. Publishizer will only be responsible for the original cash prize amounts, and not for any additional costs, monetary transfers, charges or fees imposed between a financial or governmental institutions and the winner.
- The cash prize of USD$500 will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, length of proposal and Publishizer’s Book Proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Outline, Author Biography, Audience Analysis, Marketing Plan, Sample Chapters.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. An entry can win more than one prize. All decisions of judges are final.
- By 1 March 2019, the winners will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on when, where and how the prize can be collected. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick replacement winners.
- Publishizer earns only a 30% commission of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer takes no commission or royalty from future book sales after the pre-order campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- In the event a paid advance is offered to an author from a Publishizer publishing partner, Publishizer will earn a 15% commission on the paid advance, pending terms of an offered publishing contract.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of they registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using the prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.