We all take moonshots. Because we are all astronauts.
The term "moonshot" derives from the Apollo 11 spaceflight project, which landed the first human on the moon in 1969. "Moonshot" may also reference the earlier phrase "shoot for the moon" meaning aim for a lofty target. When you try and do something radically hard, you approach the problem differently than when you try to make something incrementally better.
The goal of a moonshot forces you to throw out old problems and brainstorm something radically new. When it comes to thought leaders, entrepreneurs and forward thinking authors, this is the context upon which great book ideas become massive bestsellers.
These new books are making it possible for anyone to create an abundant reality in business and life — and realize that being successful is less about strategy, and more about emotional, spiritual, physical and mental resilience.
At a time when generations of people and new-age entrepreneurs in the workforce tie themselves to freedom and view going out on their own as a rite of passage to a fulfilling life, business, wellness, consciousness, spiritual, leadership, performance, fitness, and many other types of coaches, speakers, thought leaders, futurists and influencers are becoming more relevant, and necessary, than ever. Because they help accelerate growth and multiply impact further, beyond what anyone ever dreamed possible.
Are you ready for the challenge to push new boundaries?
For this book proposal contest, Publishizer is seeking topics on:
lifestyle, modern living, mindfulness, mental health, well-being, peak performance, sex, relationships, technology, business, innovation, sales and leadership, luck, success, money, personal growth, sustainability, influence, creativity, networking, emotional intelligence, hacking, leadership, habits, change, movement, work flow, radical empathy, yoga, fitness, happiness, effectiveness, dieting, microdosing, consciousness, health, spirituality, enlightenment, meditation, evolution, alternative therapies, psychology, emotional intelligence, nutrition, food, clean living, veganism, alternative lifestyle, religion, coaches, speakers, entrepreneurs, yoga teachers, practitioners, psychologists, columnists, buddhists, monks, storytellers, and others
Official Contest Rules
- Open for submissions now until 1 October 2019 23:59 EST.
- All entries must be completed book proposals written in English. They must be submitted, approved and launched by 15 October 2019 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Entries must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- This contest has 1 cash prize of USD$500 each and may be subject to local, state and federal taxes. The prizes are not transferable, and the winner is responsible for all tax payments, international chargers, transfer fees and/or monetary currency conversion charges related to all cash prizes. Publishizer will only be responsible for the original cash prize amounts, and not for any additional costs, monetary transfers, charges or fees imposed between a financial or governmental institutions and the winner.
- The cash prize of USD$500 will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, length of proposal and Publishizer’s Book Proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Author Profile, Sales Arguments, Audience, Similar Titles, # of Pre-orders.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. An entry can win more than one prize. All decisions of judges are final.
- By 30 December 2019, the winners will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on when, where and how the prize can be collected. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick replacement winners.
- Publishizer takes only a 30% commission of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer takes no commission from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of they registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using the prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- In the event an book pre-order campaign is in the top 3 of this contest and does not reach 500 pre-order copies, it is up to the discretion of the Publishizer team whether or not to pitch the book to traditional publishers.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.