Let this be the year that we pay more attention to people, communicate openly, foster an understanding and appreciation, and build deeper connections that last. Tom Ford, an American film director and screenwriter, said that “the most important things in life are the connections you make with others.” After experiencing the world's recent events, I think we can all agree with him.
But it's not just people we yearn to connect with, it's new thoughts and ideas, and how to bridge the gap between what we already know and what we don't yet know; between what we can see and what's actually possible. These are the beginnings of hugely impactful book ideas. And like bridges, they take us beyond our own boundaries, help strengthen our resolve, and empower us to create something bigger than we originally imagined.
In our book proposal contests, Publishizer extends our connections to the authors we work with. If your book proposal and background align with what our featured publishing partners are looking for, we are happy to be a bridge and a catalyst to helping you get it out in the world.
The winners of this contest will be the top three proposals with the most pre-order copies sold within 30 days and receive featured queries to our publishing partners. Also, receive a complimentary book publicity consultation and up to $ 1.5k in discounts on a customized publicity plan by Smith Publicity, a complimentary book launch consultation, and up to 10% off a DFY book launch to hit a major bestseller list by Authors Unite, and 10% off a book club curriculum created entirely by the team at hiitide.com.
Official Contest Rules
- All submissions must be approved and pre-order campaign launched by 15 March 2021 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Open for submissions now until 15 March 2021 23:59 EST.
- The prize will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest. It is recommended that you price your book at $ 25 per copy.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, and Publishizer's book proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Author Profile, Sales Arguments, Audience, Similar Titles , Category, # of Pre-orders.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Submissions must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. All decisions of judges are final.
- Within three months, the winner will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on publisher interest, deals, and next steps. Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Publishizer earns a 30% commission fee of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer earns no commission fee from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entering (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of the registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using any prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entering if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entering has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behavior and / or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any incoming deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and / or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party's submission (s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to extend the submission deadline due to any unforeseen circumstances on a per user basis.
- In the event a book pre-order campaign is in the top 3 of this contest and does not reach 500 pre-order copies, it is up to the discretion of the Publishizer team whether or not to pitch the book to traditional publishers.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behavior and / or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any incoming deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and / or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party's submission (s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more than the stated contest terms indicated in these rules or award the any additional prize (s) other than in accordance with these rules.