Passion will wake us at 5 am without an alarm clock. A lot of us have this. Not having a purpose makes us vulnerable to anxiety and depression. A lot of us have these as well. We all have yearning for a question and a thirst for a mission or a quest. It gives us a better chance of a longer life, finding happiness, and succeeding in whatever we are doing.
For this book proposal contest, Publishizer is seeking a broad range of unique and well-defined ideas from people who have fresh perspectives, see hope for the future, and inspire others to grow. From those who are taking action, not willing to sit with the status go, but swim upstream and be the change they want to see in the world.
It's for those who are not wanting to be like everyone else who wants to be the popular thing, the noun. Who, instead, want to be the verb and make an inspirational change with new ideas and lead us beyond new boundaries with confidence and conviction in our mission.
It's for speakers who want to engage with their audience and pursue excellence in their craft. It's for adventurers who continuously seek to grow by experiencing things outside of their comfort zones. It's for world-changers who are willing to tackle the issues and problems of our day, offer guidance, and solutions to make this world more beautiful.
How It Works
Step 1: Pitch your book idea to the contest form on this page.
Step 2: Complete a submission with a video and proposal using our template.
Step 3: Launch a 30-day crowdfunding campaign to sell book pre-orders.
No manuscript is needed. All pitches will receive feedback from a Publishizer agent to help complete a book proposal and launch a pre-order campaign by January 15th, 2021.
The winners of this contest will be the top three proposals with the most pre-order copies sold within 30 days and receive featured queries to our publishing partners. Also, receive a complimentary book publicity consultation and up to $ 1.5k in discounts on a customized publicity plan by Smith Publicity.
Previous contest winners: The Business of Influence, Experience: The Revolution, The Quest
Our publishing partners include McGraw-Hill Business (Management & Corporate), Mango Publishing Group (Self-help), Hay House (Mind & Body), Morgan James Publishing (Business & Self-help), Greenleaf Book Group (Leadership & Self-help), and many others. To see their copies and manuscript requirements please visit publishizer.com/publishers
Official Contest Rules
- All submissions must be approved and pre-order campaign launched by 15 January 2021 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Open for submissions now until 15 January 2021 23:59 EST.
- The prize will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest. It is recommended that you price your book at $25 per copy.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, and Publishizer’s book proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Author Profile, Sales Arguments, Audience, Similar Titles, Category, # of Pre-orders.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Submissions must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. All decisions of judges are final.
- Within three months, the winner will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on publisher interest, deals, and next steps. Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Publishizer earns a 30% commission fee of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer earns no commission fee from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of the registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using any prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to extend the submission deadline due to any unforeseen circumstances on a per user basis.
- In the event a book pre-order campaign is in the top 3 of this contest and does not reach 500 pre-order copies, it is up to the discretion of the Publishizer team whether or not to pitch the book to traditional publishers.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more than the stated contest terms indicated in these rules or award the any additional prize(s) other than in accordance with these rules.