In the past year, staying home during the pandemic led us to not only think and reflect, but to rethink our views on racial justice, the workplace, parenting, well-being, and anything else we discovered as relevant and important. On top of that, social distancing reshaped society, both physically and mentally.
With wellness at the forefront of consumers' minds and as technology is further ingrained into our daily lives, we must be constantly innovating business and lifestyle, celebrating and encouraging personal transformation, and finding new ways to connect with our deeper selves.
From rethinking how we take care of our customers and workforce to fostering a new kind of leadership that bakes in kindness and empathy at its core to practicing daily spiritual activities that inspire more peace and self-care, building a better New Normal will take immensely new ideas for business, health, and well-being.
For this book proposal contest, we are particularly interested in:
- Nonfiction book ideas by new and experienced authors with a unique perspective and strong point of view.
- Books that represent an expert’s life’s work and seek to stretch the boundaries of our online culture and empower us to be better versions of ourselves.
Keywords we love: peak performance, business innovation, leadership, personal growth, spirituality, mindfulness, mental health, well-being, influence, dieting, immunity, superfoods, self-care, travel, corporate, creativity, relationships, radical empathy, emotional intelligence, happiness, consciousness, rethink
Official Contest Rules
- All submissions must be approved and pre-order campaign launched between 15 and 31 May 2021 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Open for submissions now until 15 May 2021 23:59 EST.
- The prize will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest. It is recommended that you price your book at USD $25 per copy.
- This contest has 1 cash prize of USD $500 may be subject to local, state, and federal taxes. The prize is not transferable, and the winner is responsible for all tax payments, international chargers, transfer fees, and/or monetary currency conversion charges related to all cash prizes. Publishizer will only be responsible for the original cash prize amounts, and not for any additional costs, monetary transfers, charges, or fees imposed between financial or governmental institutions and the winner.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, and Publishizer's book proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Author Profile, Sales Arguments, Audience, Similar Titles , Category, # of Pre-orders.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. Submissions must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. All decisions of judges are final.
- Within three months, the winner will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on publisher interest, deals, and next steps. Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Publishizer earns a 30% commission fee of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer earns no commission fee from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entering (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of the registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using any prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entering if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entering has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behavior and / or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any incoming deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and / or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party's submission (s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to extend the submission deadline due to any unforeseen circumstances on a per user basis.
- In the event a book pre-order campaign is in the top 3 of this contest and does not reach 500 pre-order copies, it is up to the discretion of the Publishizer team whether or not to pitch the book to traditional publishers.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behavior and / or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any incoming deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and / or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party's submission (s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more than the stated contest terms indicated in these rules or award the any additional prize (s) other than in accordance with these rules.