Like dating, finding the right publishing match can be.... confusing!
So this cuffing season, we've designed a contest for authors who speak to the world of dating and forming (or not forming) relationships and all of the surrounding complexities involved. Following the contest, we'll help authors entertain publishing options and find the dream publishing path. Ultimately helping readers head into their next cuffing season just a little more equipped.
First Dates!... Submissions Open: Now - September 23, 2022
Going Steady... Contest Live: October 1, 2022 - February 1, 2023
Made for Each Other!... Awards Night: February 14, 2023
It's Facebook Official. Author Publishing Deals Announced!: Spring 2023
With this contest we are looking for book ideas that foster healthy dynamics, connection, compassion, and of course, love.
Proposals that speak to the unique landscape of dating, partnership and relationships today. We're looking for authors who spark conversation, provide insight, enterntainment or other benefit to readers looking for books to help them navigate their experiences in the dating world.
Dating with Obstacles:
Seeking voices who speak from experience regarding the unique gymnastics that come when dating with challenges ie, physical disabilities, mental health challenges, or emotional trauma or barriers that can sometimes hold an individual back from seeking or forming true and lasting connection.
Dating with a Modern Family:
Proposals covering the complex scenairos that come with integrating family units when a new partnership forms. Themes and topics such as dating after divorce, as a co-parent, or while caring for aging parents.
The following awards will be granted to one author in each category
Overall — Awarded to the author with the most number of books sold.
Readers' Choice — Awarded to the author with the most votes on a written Author Interview.
Publishizer's Pick— Awarded and selected by the Publishizer Team with input from a couple of special industry experts.
Author Impact — Awarded by a pannel of judges whom actively design or build better more equitable or sustainable ways of being. Note: Authors in this category must have a social or environmental impact component or benficiary to be eligible.
Global Reach — Awarded to the author with the most number of international orders.
Message Longevity — Awarded to the author with the highest revenue when relaunching their book, planning a revised, updated or anniversary edition to keep a timeless message current. Note: The book must have been originally released over 12 months ago and the author must have the rights (or written persmission from the publisher who has the rights).
Official Contest Rules
- Open for submissions now until 23 September 2022 23:59 EST.
- All submissions must be approved and pre-order campaign launched by 1 October 2022 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- The winners of the contest awards will be featured in the Publishizer newsletter and on social media. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the campaign will count towards the contest. It is recommended that you price your book at $25 per copy.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, and Publishizer’s book proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Author Profile, Sales Arguments, Audience, Similar Titles, Category, # of Pre-orders.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material, that has not been copied from any other work. With the exception of the relaunches pursuing the Longevity Award, submissions must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental or legal guadian consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. All decisions of judges are final.
- Within three months, the winners of each award will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts. The winner will be notified by email and receive information on publisher interest, deals, and next steps. Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Publishizer earns a 30% commission fee of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer earns no commission fee from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness, and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of the registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies, and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs, and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using any prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and conditions. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behavior, and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present, and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to extend the submission deadline due to any unforeseen circumstances on a per-user basis.
- In the event a book pre-order campaign is in the top 3 of this contest and does not reach 500 pre-order copies, it is up to the discretion of the Publishizer team whether or not to pitch the book to traditional publishers.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behavior, and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present, and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges, or affiliated companies be required to award more than the stated contest terms indicated in these rules or award any additional prize(s) other than in accordance with these rules.