When we look at human history, it is clear that the discovery and adoption of every new technology inadvertently changes the status quo. Industrialization may have dramatically transformed every aspect of human life, but the Digital Revolution was what catapulted us into a future of change at blistering speeds, beyond our understanding of its profound effects.
What makes the Internet possible came into existence in 1969. While working at CERN, Tim Berners-Lee invented the world wide web just 30 years old ago - but the 4th industrial revolution is well and truly underway. Our technology continues to grow exponentially more powerful every year, completely altering the ways we interact with information, our environment and each other.
Today, the world's business environment is fraught with disruptive forces, provoking upheaval and transformation across industries worldwide. Companies like Airbnb, Uber and Netflix have completely reshaped industries with rapid and widespread effects, but not without some unintended consequences as well. What remains clear is that businesses cannot stay alive without being agile enough to adapt to those changes.
Even at an individual level, we have to continually improve ourselves. Rising global life expectancy and ageing populations are forcing us to rethink careers and old age. More jobs will be displaced as automation becomes more prevalent, and new skills will be required to stay relevant in the workforce.
Transformation is essential to life, occurring externally and internally, on macro and micro scales. But transformation isn’t just about surviving, it is also about achieving full potential. It is a never-ending journey that gives us endless opportunities to reinvent ourselves, create value and deliver extraordinary results.
There are many steps required to transform an idea into real life phenomenon - first you have to share them. Publishizer is seeking authors with revolutionary ideas in our ongoing metamorphosis amid changing times.
Keywords we love: well-being, peak performance, corporate, creativity, networking, relationships, radical empathy, emotional intelligence, happiness, effectiveness, coaches, speakers, startups, entrepreneurs, technology, leadership, habits, insight, change, movement, work flow, optimal, health, lifestyle, spirituality, meditation, evolution, business, innovation
Start a proposal
Official Contest Rules
- Open for submissions now. All entries must be book proposals written in English and at least 1000 words long.
- Proposals must be submitted, approved and launched by 15 March 2018 23:59 EST online on the Publishizer website to qualify.
- Publishizer is accepting only original material that has not been copied from any other work. Entries must not have been previously published, produced or distributed in any other way.
- There are no purchase requirements or entry fees to enter any of the Publishizer book proposal contests.
- Entrants are entirely responsible for all content submitted. Anyone may participate. Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Only one entry per person is allowed for each contest. Any entrant who enters more than one entry per contest will be disqualified.
- This contest has 1 cash prize of US$D500 each and may be subject to local, state and federal taxes. The prizes are not transferable, and the winner is responsible for all tax payments, international charges, transfer fees and/or monetary currency conversion charges related to all cash prizes. Publishizer will only be responsible for the original cash prize amounts, and not for any additional costs, monetary transfers, charges or fees imposed between a financial or governmental institutions and the winner.
- The cash prize of USD$500 will be awarded to the entry with the most number of pre-orders sold during the contest. Only the number of preorders and readers registered during the 30 days of the campaign will count towards the contest.
- Editors from independent and traditional publishing houses will judge and express interest in submissions based on originality of ideas, quality of writing, relevance of content, length of proposal and Publishizer’s Book Proposal elements: Hook, Video, Synopsis, Outline, Author Biography, Audience Analysis, Marketing Plan, Sample Chapters.
- In the event of a tie, the contest judges will select the winner together with the founders of Publishizer based on the same judging criteria. An entry can win more than one prize. All decisions of judges are final.
- The winners will be announced on the Publishizer website and social media accounts within a month from the end of the contest. Winners will be notified by email and receive information on when, where and how the prize can be collected. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Publishizer reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick replacement winners.
- Publishizer takes only a 30% commission of all pre-order sales at the end of the preorder campaign. The commission on preorder sales is final and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Publishizer takes no commission from future deal authors make with publishers, nor cuts from future book sales after the crowd-publishing campaign has ended - unless the author signs Publishizer on as an agent, whereby the new contract will come into effect.
- By entering any of the Publishizer book proposal contests, an entrant (or legal guardian, if applicable) agrees to the following:
- to abide by and be subject under Publishizer general terms and conditions and the Publishizer book proposal contest official rules.
- to the release of their name, likeness and book proposal for use on the Publishizer websites and social media and for other potential publicity purposes.
- to the use of they registration information and consent to receiving correspondence from Publishizer.
- to indemnify and hold Publishizer, their respective promotional partners, affiliated companies, agencies and employees, harmless from and against any and all injury, losses, damages, costs and other expenses of any kind resulting from the participation in this contest, or from accepting or using the prize awarded.
- Publishizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the official rules and terms and condition. Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Any “spamming”, harassment, suspicious or offensive behaviour and/or inappropriate use of the Publishizer website or email address is strictly forbidden. Any entrant deemed to be engaged in any fraudulent and/or suspicious activity will prompt an immediate disqualification of that party’s submission(s) into all past, present and future contests.
- Publishizer reserves the right to change, modify these terms and conditions, cancel, terminate, or suspend these contests, at its sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, lack of contest submissions, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the contests.
- Under no circumstances will Publishizer, and their respective directors, employees, judges or affiliated companies be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Rules or award the Prizes other than in accordance with these Rules.